Gingivitis: Tackling Gum Disease in Children
Gingivitis: The Unseen Culprit
Gingivitis is often overlooked in children but can lead to serious dental issues. Here's what you need to know.
What is Gingivitis?
Gingivitis is the inflammation of the gums, often due to plaque buildup.
Symptoms: What to Look For
- Red Gums: Especially at the base of the teeth.
- Bleeding: Often during brushing or flossing.
- Bad Breath: That persists even after brushing.
Causes: The Root of the Problem
- Poor Oral Hygiene: The primary cause.
- Diet: High sugar intake can contribute.
- Hormonal Changes: Such as during puberty.
Treatment: Nipping it in the Bud
- Improved Oral Care: Brushing and flossing.
- Dental Cleanings: To remove plaque.
- Antibacterial Mouthwash: For persistent cases.
If you find this information beneficial and wish to stay updated on children's health topics, consider subscribing to our newsletter. If your child is showing signs of gingivitis and you're seeking expert dental advice, feel free to book an appointment with Dr. Michael Nwaneri. We're here to offer expert advice, no obligations.